Hospice Foundation of the Ozarks (HFO) seeks a mission-driven and experienced leader skilled in successfully executing strategic plans, cultivating collaborative partnerships, and crafting innovative outreach and educational initiatives.
Established in 1997, HFO’s vision is to promote awareness of and commitment to end-of-life care in Southwest Missouri. Our mission is to award grants to organizations that are involved in end-of-life services and education. The Foundation supports hospice, palliative care, advance directives, grief and bereavement services, educational programs, and other activities that nurture informed personal choices and respect for diverse cultural identities in the end-of-life experience. In 2022, we will celebrate 25 years of service to the community.
This is a full-time position. The executive director reports to a supportive and engaged working Board of Directors. This leadership position is responsible for the execution of the mission as well as overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is passionate about end-of-life topics and committed to fostering organizational growth.
The director will perform the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization, ensure its overall successful long-term operations, and work with the board to develop strategies for achieving mission and strategic priorities.
- Provide expertise in the creation and execution of donor cultivation strategies and fundraising initiatives that ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and monitoring of the strategic plan and priorities.
- Expand visibility of the HFO grant program, monitor grant awards and reporting processes, and develop processes to support the work of the Grants Committee.
- Provide support and leadership to the Board of Directors and its committees by attending meetings, providing information, contributing to agendas, and coordinating the work of the administrative assistant ensuring that tools and resources are available to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field so that HFO’s initiatives and partnerships are timely and high impact.
- Serve as an effective ambassador and spokesperson of HFO to ensure that prospective donors, community leaders, community partners, and others understand HFO’s mission and community impact.
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting of all HFO funds, monitor budget, and maintain financial records.
- Handle all official correspondence of the organization and maintain documents/records that comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Oversee activities of administrative assistant and provide ongoing performance feedback.
- Additional duties as needed.
- BA or BS degree.
- Three to five years demonstrated experience in organizational management, and leadership, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- A passion for the mission and programs of HFO.
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management and preparing and securing Board approval for a budget.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well with key stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please send your cover letter and resume via email to Regina Waters, HFO Search Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
Hospice Foundation of the Ozarks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.