HFO is hiring for a part-time administrative assistant. The successful candidate will work approximately 5 – 10 hours per week (flexible).
Please send an email to Kim Morelock, Executive Director, to learn more about HFO and to request an application. Please submit a current resume. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we’re looking for:
A motivated and organized individual who will provide administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors in an environment that is mission-driven, results-focused, and community-centered.
- Assist in preparing for board and committee meetings with meeting reminders, prepare board materials, communications with board members, updating the board dashboard, and meeting preparation.
- Attend Executive and Board Meetings, keep minutes and board books and follow through with oversight and action items.
- Prepare materials for board orientations, retreats, and special events. Maintain the Board list internally (with addresses) and externally (such as on website).
- Assist with grant prospect research and help with the management of all grant documents from RFP’s/applications and awards to funded projects and reporting.
- Additional functions include database management, external communication support, logistics for educational programming, and other activities that ensure the success of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Above average computer proficiency and time management
- The ability to work independently on projects
- Ability to handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion
- Database management
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative and flexible thinking
- Integrity, a sense of humor and professional appearance and demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Prefer 2+ years of proven experience in clerical and administrative duties/Nonprofit experience a plus
What we offer:
- An opportunity to do meaningful work that truly makes a difference
- Flexible work hours (5-10 hours per week on average)