Passionate about end-of-life issues? Apply now to join our board.
Hospice Foundation of the Ozarks (HFO) awards grants to organizations that are involved in end-of-life services and education. Since its founding in 1997, HFO has awarded more than $1 million in grants to benefit communities in Southwest Missouri. The Foundation supports hospice, palliative care, advance directives, grief and bereavement services, educational programs, and other activities that nurture informed personal choices and respect for diverse cultural identities in the end of life experience.
We are seeking individuals to join our leadership team who share our goal to live in a community where individuals and families have access to education and services that ensure dignity at life’s end. This is a working board that invites members to contribute their talents to strategic planning, operational oversight, and community outreach activities.
We invite applications from individuals with the following interests:
- Forward-thinking and visionary orientation
- End-of-life issues (personal and/or professional)
- Giving voice to diverse perspectives and experiences
Board members must commit to:
- Active and regular involvement in board meetings
- Financial and/or in-kind support of the organization
- Raising the visibility of the organization’s mission in personal and professional networks
- Leadership roles on the board through committee membership or officer roles
The board meets 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. on the third Tuesday of the following months:
February, April, June, August, October, and December. During the past year, we have met via Zoom as part of our COVID safety protocols.
We would love to schedule a conversation with you to learn more about your interests and provide you with more details about HFO’s activities. Please contact Executive Director Kim Morelock to start the conversation!